The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF) Research Grants are funded in large part by proceeds from IDF’s Walk for Primary Immunodeficiency.
The IDF Research Grant Program has been developed to encourage and support “Patient-Oriented Research on Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases”. The intent of the grant is to support well-defined research projects that have a specified benefit for improving the treatment, health, disease management or diagnosis of persons with primary immunodeficiency. Consideration will also be given to studies that contribute to the body of medical knowledge in primary immunodeficiency.
The program is open to applicants currently based in the U.S. and will consist of one-year grants.
Award Value: $25,000 - $50,000 (a somewhat higher level of support is available for a few exceptional proposals)
- Investigators (MD, PhD, RN) with an interest in or currently pursuing a career in primary immunodeficiency diseases and research are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Because this program is about “Patient-Oriented Research on Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases” no proposals using animal models will be funded.
- No funds provided for institutional overhead
- Only one submission per applicant
Applications will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Significance - direct relevance to persons with primary immunodeficiency.
- Investigator Qualifications
- Facilities including access to PI patients and/or their data
The application fields are limited to 60,000 characters. In addition, please include a budget with justification for the proposed expenditures, a listing of other support available for the applicant, a CV or NIH bio sketch of the investigators and letters from collaborators agreeing to participate. For trainees, letters of recommendation from the training program director and support from the mentor are also requested.
- February 28, 2022 (applicants notified of results by the end of April 2022)
Awardees will provide a scientific summary at the end of the grant period and a copy of a submitted work product (manuscript, abstract, poster presentation, etc.) with Immune Deficiency Foundation support acknowledged. Any funds not utilized will be returned to IDF.
Any questions may be directed to IDFGrant@primaryimmune.org or to Christopher Scalchunes at 1.800.296.4433.