What Is #GivingTuesdayNow?
#GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
Even as we practice physical distancing, we can remain connected through kindness and generosity even without physical proximity. There is no reason that our physical separation means we can’t provide the financial, emotional, and social support that nurtures our families and communities, including the PI community. Check out how some of our own IDF community is practicing kindness and generosity!
Please join IDF as we celebrate the generosity of others!
Participate on social media:
- Share something positive on your social media!
Whether you helped a neighbor, advocated for an issue, shared a skill, or gave to a cause, we want the world to know about it. When you go to share your generous act make sure you use the #GivingTuesdayNow and tag us!
- Promote positivity and support throughout your community!
Download our social media toolkit here.
- Participate in our #ChalkingChallenge on May 5!
Go outside and write something positive with chalk on a sidewalk. Take pride in the fact, that the positive message that you write can be seen by someone who might need it most, like our #HealthHeroes who might need your positivity to help them get through there days. Then go ahead and take a picture and post it on your social media. Don’t forget to use the #GivingTuesdayNow and tag us so we can post your picture on our Instagram story!
Need an example? View these positive chalk examples that we have below:
Participate by giving a gift to the Immune Deficiency Foundation and supporting all of those who are affected by PI.
- Make a donation to IDF - Make a one-time donation here.
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser - Use social media for good and set up a Facebook Fundraiser supporting IDF. Just remember to name it "#GivingTuesdayNow Fundraiser for IDF".
- Become a member of our President's Club - By giving a monthly gift to IDF you will become a part of a prestigious club that receives special recognition for your generosity. By donating just $15 a month (which is 50 cents a day), you will be ensuring that we can continue to provide educational resources and programs at no additional cost to individuals and families. Click here to get started.
Ways to Fit Giving Into Your Budget
We understand that finding room in your budget to make a donation can be tricky, so we have a few suggestions. Remember, no matter the size of your gift, you are helping us help people with PI!
- Are you working from home? Take the money that you save from not commuting to work and make a $20 donation instead!
- Eating in? If you aren't going out to eat as much as you used to due to the pandemic, take that $10 you would spend at a restaurant and do some good instead.
- Did you receive a $1,200 stimulus check? If you received a stimulus check, and you don't need the full amount given to you then donate a portion or all of it to help IDF continue to power critical patient-focused research for those affected by PI.
- When budgeting, don’t forget to check and see if your employer participates in Matching Gifts. With Matching Gifts, you can double the impact of your donation since your employer can match up to a dollar for dollar what you donate.
Thank you for participating in #GivingTuesdayNow. Let's show the world how #ZebraStrong the PI community is!