Leave a Legacy for the PI Community: IDF Legacy Society
One of the most powerful ways you can help future generations affected by primary immunodeficiency diseases (PI) is to name IDF in your will. By doing so, you become a lasting part of IDF, the national patient organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life of people with PI.
Simply put, you leave an indelible legacy.
By remembering IDF in your will, like IDF Legacy Society members Lila Albin and Dr. Nancy Garber, you ensure that IDF will be here in the years to come. Lila and Nancy had the foresight to invest in IDF. Their gifts made transformational changes—in fact many of IDF’s successes in 2017 can be attributed to generous donations like this. Gifts from Legacy Society members help grow the IDF Endowment Fund and, through investments, increase the Foundation’s assets allowing us to sustain and continually expand services to the PI community. What’s more, even a modest sized gift can make an enormous difference.
Like Lila and Nancy, you can leave a legacy.
Ensure IDF is here for the person facing a diagnosis of PI. Future generations are depending on you. Join the IDF Legacy Society.
With a planned gift through the IDF Legacy Society, you can:
- Make a larger charitable gift than you thought possible.
- Take care of the financial needs of your family first.
- Leave a legacy without giving up assets.
Choose the Gift That’s Right for You
As a donor, you are in control of your gift. You can designate it for a specific program or purpose, or you can leave your gift unrestricted so IDF can apply it toward the areas of greatest need. Some individuals choose to direct a gift to a designated purpose, such as our Core Service Fund, Research Fund, Life Stage Initiatives or Diagnosis-Specific Initiatives. We are here to assist you in planning your financial future to achieve the greatest benefit for you, your family and the integral programs of IDF.
Make Your Legacy Known
When you inform us of your planned gift intentions, you become a member of the IDF Legacy Society, which allows us to recognize you appropriately for your generosity, foresight and dedication to the PI community. As a member of the Legacy Society, you will receive an IDF lapel pin to proudly wear, and your name will be added to the IDF Legacy Society recognition plaque located in our national office.
Want to Leave a Legacy for the PI Community? Take These Simple Steps:
- Contact a member of the IDF Development Department: 800-296-4433. We can provide you with sample language for bequests or show you how to structure specific gifts.
- Contact your attorney and your financial advisor. Let them know you are considering a planned gift to IDF. They can assist you in determining what type of gift best suits your personal and financial circumstances.
- Be sure to talk to your family and friends about your plans and personal wishes in addressing family needs as well as your legacy gift.
If you have already named IDF in your estate plans, we want to thank you! So please let us know so that we can add your name to IDF Legacy Society recognition plaque.
Questions? Contact a member of the IDF Development Department: 800-296-4433 or email@example.com
This article originally appeared in the IDF monthly e-newsletter, Primary Immune Tribune. Click here to subscribe.