The Immunocompromised Collaborative is the united voice of communities whose health status makes them most vulnerable to threats from infectious disease. The Collaborative seeks to inform federal and state policies to prevent the spread of infection and ensure that the needs of the immunocompromised are met.
Key Focus Areas
- Advising on public health orders, such as closure, reopening, and social distancing recommendations, protect the immunocompromised and other vulnerable populations to ensure their needs are factored into any such decisions. The Collaborative will also clarify why policies are necessary to protect the immunocompromised and articulate the importance of following public health directives to protect vulnerable populations.
- Supporting legislation or legislative provisions at the federal or state levels to respond to the COVID-19 public health emergency and its aftermath, as well as future public health emergencies.
- Supporting legislative and executive actions to ensure immunocompromised individuals have full access to necessary healthcare services, including alternative care settings or formats, during any public health emergency.
- Supporting policymaker efforts to promote vaccination and raise awareness for the importance of adequate uptake of approved vaccinations for COVID-19 and other pathogens to protect those whose conditions make vaccination ineffectual or even dangerous.
- Representing immunocompromised populations in meetings with federal or state policymakers and elected officials, including serving as advisors to officials regarding establishing public health restrictions and parameters for lifting such restrictions.