As National Primary Immunodeficiency (PI) Awareness Month comes to a close, we’d like to thank all those we helped us promote awareness. When our voices comes together, we can help increase the understanding and recognition of PI, which can lead to earlier diagnosis and improved treatment for individuals living with PI.
Whether you added IDF’s awareness frame to your Facebook profile photo, explained your journey of living with PI to your followers, shared IDF’s social media posts, took part in World PI Week April 22-29, or participated in National PI Awareness Month any other way, you made a big impact this April, and we want to thank all those who took the time to promote #PIawareness.
While April may be coming to an end, here are some tips for promoting awareness in your community and online throughout the year:
In the Community:
- Wear zebra print year-round: Accessorize with zebra pattern to work, school, or even the grocery store, and explain to others why you #THINKZEBRA.
- Share IDF’s resources: Ask your community center, local library school, or any public area if you can display IDF’s “Is it just an infection” poster.
- Direct questions to IDF: Encourage those seeking further information about PI to visit IDF’s website: www.primaryimmune.org.
- Start a Walk for PI team: Encourage your friends and community members to be part of your IDF Walk for PI team in 2019.
- Share photos from an IDF event: Join us at the IDF 2019 National Conference or another IDF event, and share photos to create awareness of the IDF community.
- Encourage followers to learn more: Invite your friends to “like” the IDF Facebook page for information about those living with PI.
- Sign up for IDF’s e-newsletter: Stay informed on the latest IDF news and resources by receiving the Primary Immune Tribune.
- Share your story: Post about your journey #livingwithPI on your social media accounts, or submit an IDF Reel Story.
Thank you again for all of your amazing support this National PI Awareness Month, and we look forward to joining our voices together throughout the year!