What to Say
Sometimes you may not know what questions to ask or it’s tough to find the right words to explain primary immunodeficiency (PI). These documents are available to give you ideas for a variety of situations.
- How to explain your PI in casual and emergency situations
- How to fill a prescription and schedule an appointment
Transition Skills Checklist
- Healthcare Transition Skills Checklist (Ages 12-14)
- Healthcare Transition Skills Checklist (Ages 15-17)
- Healthcare Transition Skills Checklist (Ages 18 & up)
IDF Patient & Family Handbook 5th Edition - This handbook contains comprehensive information about the diagnosis and treatment of primary immunodeficiency diseases and much more, including a chapter dedicated to adolescents. Click here to download the adolescent chapter.
IDF Presents: Battle of the Bands (Comic Book) – This comic book is based on In Tune with Your Immune System, IDF’s popular teen-friendly video comparing the human immune system to a rock band. It may have been created with teens in mind, but it can help you understand PI.
Our Immune System (Children's Book) – Download IDF’s popular children’s book. Yes, we created this storybook for little kids, but people of all ages like it because it is easy to understand.