The IDF Walk for PI Volunteer Lead Coordinator works in close conjunction with IDF staff/ Regional or National Walk Advisor to assure the logistics of the walk are properly executed the day of the event. While the needed tasks may vary with each walk, the volunteer must have expert knowledge of the logistical needs for the walk, such as the route layout, supplies needed for each station, etc.
- Oversee volunteer check-in the day of the event and serve as the primary contact for volunteers who have questions or need instruction
- Provide leadership and instruction to all volunteers at various stations including: registration, food, DJ, walk Route Support, t-shirt pick-up, IDF table, clean-up, etc.
- Monitor waste removal during and after the walk
- Ensure route is properly marked and clear from obstruction
- Assist with event and route set-up and clean-up
The ideal volunteer for this position:
- Friendly, welcoming, and is comfortable leading a group of volunteers
- Punctual, reliable, and has a professional demeanor
- Able to delegate tasks and troubleshoot setbacks quickly
- Must be on-site for the entire event from set-up to clean-up and will be unable to participate in the Walk
- Must be able to do at least one site visit prior to the Walk
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes and stand/walk for a long period of time (5-6 hours)
- Must be able to help in all weather conditions
- Must live in or around the selected walk city
To get started, you must: discuss the role with the Regional or National Walk Advisor/ IDF Volunteer Development Manager, consent to a background check, and complete the necessary trainings.