- ABOUT IDF
- ABOUT PRIMARY
- Patient Insurance Center
- Bill of Rights for Patients with PIDD
- Patient Education Programs
- Peer Support
- Health Insurance FAQ’s
- Scholarship Programs
- USIDNET Patients
- IDF SCID Initiative
- Get Connected with IDF!
- IDF NEMO Initiative
- Clinical Trial Information
- Locate a Physician
- Ask IDF
- Volunteer for IDF
- IDF eHealthRecord
- IDF Kids Connection
- IDF Medical Advisory Committee
- IDF Nurse Advisory Committee
- Consulting Immunologist Program
- IDF & USIDNET LeBien Visiting Professor Program
- Continuing Education Course for Nurses
- Video Series For Nurses
- USIDNET Healthcare
- Health Insurance “How to Appeal” Tips
- Links to Professional Organization
- Healthcare Professional Contact
IDF Consulting Immunologist Program
A FREE Service for Physicians
The IDF Consulting Immunologist Program provides physicians the opportunity to consult with expert clinical immunologists about patient specific questions and obtain valuable diagnostic, treatment and disease management information. Created to serve the needs of physicians who have questions about their patients with primary immunodeficiency diseases, this physician-to-physician service has been available since 1998 and has provided hundreds of free consults to physicians.
Patient issues range from interpreting laboratory testing to choosing appropriate medical therapies to working effectively with insurance company denials and questions. The consult might be about a newly diagnosed patient or someone who does not seem to fit any specific primary immunodeficiency diagnosis. All questions regarding patients are welcomed and requests are forwarded on to a skilled immunologists working with this program.
The IDF Consulting Immunologist Program
- Offers free physician-to-physician consults regarding patients with primary immunodeficiency
- Gives second opinions or consults on issues of diagnosis, treatment and disease management
- Provides physicians access to a faculty of recognized leaders in clinical immunology to discuss patient issues
The IDF Consulting Immunologist Program is for Physicians only. Please consult your physician if you have any questions about your health or treatment. You may want to share information about the IDF Consulting Immunologist Program with your physician. Please Click Here for an Information Card
Do not use this Website for medical emergencies. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, contact your healthcare professional immediately or call 911.
The Consulting Immunologists Program is funded by the following companies. These organizations are committed to supporting IDF at the highest level through educational grants.